Living one degree north of the equator, we’re not exactly getting the “fall/winter” weather that I would love to have. I had been watching a bunch of videos on slow cooker soup recipes, and was inspired to try making this broccoli and cheese soup. It was one of the easiest soups I’ve ever made, but also the tastiest. Even though I’m sitting here in 90 degree heat, this soup really made me feel like it was cold outside!
1 head broccoli
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup milk
chili powder, to taste
salt & pepper, to taste
1 1/2 bags of shredded cheddar cheese
- Put the chopped up broccoli, onion and garlic in a pot with a little bit of olive oil and fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock, water, yoghurt and milk and simmer on low for 2-3 hours.
- Put all the vegetables in a blender (or use a stick blender), and blend until smooth. Add back to pot and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, salt & pepper, and cheese.
- Serve hot with a little bit of cheddar on top.