Good morning lovelies! Now that it’s back to school and work, there’s a lot of 5 minute, easy makeup looks going on. Today I thought I’d share my natural, go-to no-makeup look with you all. I wasn’t always a ‘wear makeup to school’ kind of gal, but lately I’ve found that it helps me feel put together and ready for the day. Having basic makeup done makes me feel like I’ve made an effort for not only people around me, but myself as well. For me, natural looks are all about keeping your skin healthy and glowy while still covering up all the imperfections.
1. Before any makeup starts, you always need to prep your face. This is always important but I really stress this on mornings where I know I’m going to have my makeup on for close to the whole day. Use a gentle cleanser and make sure to tone and moisturize. In the mornings I’ve been loving the Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer. It’s very lightweight but super hydrating, and I love the way my BB cream goes on over it.
2. For my face, I don’t like using foundation if I’m going to have my makeup on for more than a few hours, so I use the Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir (I’m shade 760- classic tan). It’s oil-free and lightweight but with pretty full coverage for a BB cream. And it’s also SPF 20, so would be perfect for a day at the beach or out in the sun. I love the way this blends out and covers imperfections without feeling cakey or oily. It lasts super well all day and has never made me break out. To blend it out I use my It Cosmetics Flawless Foundation brush.
3. After my face is done, I use the Sephora Waterproof Brow Pencil (I use shade 08- chocolate brown) to fill in my brows. I’ll then go over top that with the Benefit 3D Browtones (I use shade 04) to brush out and set my brows.
4. I typically don’t do any eyeshadow for these kind of looks, but I do like to use a little bit of Benefit Girl Meets Pearl liquid highlight on my eyelids and to highlight my cheekbones. Usually I’ll just use my middle finger to gently dab it on to give it a subtle and natural finish.
5. For my lashes, I always curl them first and lately I’ve been obsessed with this Tarte Pineapple Eyelash Curler. I’ll then go in with one of my all-time favorite mascaras, the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes, which is my go-to for everyday looks.
6. And finally I love using the Sephora Goji Berry Lip Balm. It has such a sweet but light scent, is super hydrating and gives a very subtle tint to your lips. It’s the perfect way to pull the whole natural look together.