Happy Friday! Cheers to the freaking weekend has never been more accurate. The week started off a little cloudy and gloomy, but the sun is finally out and I’m absolutely living for it. I’m heading into the time of the year when I’m constantly out in the sun and just need an easy, natural makeup routine to complement my sun-kissed glow. I’ve been finding myself reaching for these specific products over and over again over the last couple of weeks and wanted to share this quick and easy routine with you. I guarantee you’ll glow brighter than ever. Soak up the sun, get your tan on and enjoy the weekend!
1. The first thing I always do is make sure that my skin is healthy and prepped. When I’m out in the sun a lot, my skin tends to be clearer (the sun is good for shrinking pores and drying out spots) but it also produces more dead skin. I make sure to exfoliate well using either the Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate or the Grown Alchemist grapefruit facial polish followed by the Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing gel. I tend not to use any BB cream or foundation during the summer because I really like to let my skin breathe.
2. Once all that’s done I move onto the actual makeup part of my routine, which always starts with my brows. I’ve mentioned this product before and it’s become my holy grail brow product, but the Etude House drawing eyebrow pencil is an absolute god-sent. It’s so easy to use (seriously takes me like 40 seconds total to fill in both my brows completely) and lasts all day through classes, pool days, workouts and everything else. I’ll then go over that with the Benefit 3D browtones to set them in place.
3. For my eyes, I usually keep it fairly neutral with lot’s of shimmery bronze shades. I’ve been using my Tarte Passport to Paradise Palette for most of my eye looks. I’ll by buffing ‘seven wonders’ in to my crease line and then go back over that with ‘flaotie’ (a bit of a deeper shade). And then using my finger, I’ll go in with ‘cliff jump’, which is a beautiful orange-y shimmer, all over my lid. If I’m wanting to add a bit more shimmer to my outer lid, I’ll get a bigger blending brush and pop on a little bit of ‘bucket list’ in the outer corner of my eye. Just to keep it easy with the same palette, I’ll use ‘luau’ in the inner corner as quick highlight. On top of that, I use the Maybelline Stiletto liquid liner to finish it off with a mini wing. Nothing too dramatic, just to make my eyes pop a little more.
5. The last thing I put on is a bit of highlight, because I’m not actually going to sit out in the sun all day without any highlight on am I?! I don’t want anything too heavy duty, so I use the Fenty Beauty Match Stix in ‘yacht lyfe’ on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. I don’t like using any colored lip products, but I’ll always put on a heavy duty lip balm which adds a little sheen anyways.
6. I don’t always love using a setting spray in the summer because I feel like some of them end up feeling tacky, but I’ve been loving going over all my makeup with the Trader Joe’s rose water facial toner. It’s a super light and refreshing mist that just amps up the glow.
And there we go, all glowy and shimmery and ready for a beautiful day out in the sun. Hope you all have the loveliest weekend and I’ll see you very very soon! xx