Hi everyone and happy day 9! I can’t believe we’re only a week out from Christmas, it’s going by so fast. I hope you’re all enjoying (or looking forward to enjoying) the holiday season with all of your loved ones. Today’s post is going to be two of my favorite cozy recipes for a cold winter evening. First is going to be an updated version of my smoky-ranch meatballs, and second will be my fresh pappardelle pasta with meat sauce. Hope you enjoy these and see you for day 10!
Minced beef and pork mix
1 or 2 (depending on amount of meat) packet of ranch seasoning
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Good squeeze of ketchup
1/4 cup of spring onions, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jar tomato sauce
Basil and other desired spices.
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Form meat into balls, about 2 tablespoons per meatball, and set aside.
- In a pot, heat up the tomato sauce over medium heat and mix with spices.
- Get another pan and heat it up with olive oil on high heat. When hot, begin cooking meatballs. Cook until browned, then set aside.
- Put meatballs into the pot of tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cover to melt.
- Serve hot.
Fresh Beetroot Pappardelle with Meat Sauce:
For the pasta-
3 cups all-purpose flour
For the sauce-
1 pack of minced beef
3/4 jar of tomato sauce
2 zucchinis, chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta-
- Chop the beetroot and put it in a small pan over high heat with a little bit of olive oil and water. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour out liquid into a small bowl and set aside. Use muslin cloth or an old dish towel to squeeze all the liquid (and coloring) out of the beets.
- While cooking the beets, put the flour in a large bowl and form a small well in the middle. Crack the eggs into the middle and begin to knead the dough while slowly adding the beed juice. Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Once well knead, flour well and pass through a pasta machine (roll it out as thin as it will go).
- It’s meant to be a rustic pappardelle, so hand-cut it as thick or thin as you want.
- When ready to cook, cook in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
For the sauce-
- Start by sautéing the meat, onions, zucchini and garlic with a little bit of olive oil.
- Once cooked, add the tomato sauce and half of the basil (and any other desired herbs and spices) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked slowly fold it into the sauce.
- Serve hot and topped with fresh basil and pecorino cheese.
Happy cooking! xx
Happy Saturday lovelies!! I’m sitting here writing this from Tokyo, back with my family to celebrate the holidays. Since I’m now back home, I tried making a new Christmassy cocktail last night that I’ve been dying to try for a while. So for day 8 I thought I’d share the recipe with you all. I’ll link the recipe I used for inspo down below as well.
1 cup silver Jose Cuervo (or any other silver tequila)
2/3 cup Malibu (coconut rum)
1/3 cup Cointreau
1 cup lime juice
1 cup+ coconut water
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
Mix all ingredients well in a large punch bowl or pitcher with lots of large ice cubes.
Add extra coconut water or lime juice if it’s too strong.
Right before serving, add some sprigs of mint leaves.
Serve chilled with adorable Christmas glasses (the one’s in the photo are from Target).
Hello lovelies and happy Day 6! The holiday chaos getting to your head, finals driving you crazy or just in need of a Tuesday night recharge sesh by yourself, I’ve got you covered! Today’s post is my current pamper routine. I’ve done quite I few pamper routines in the past (I honestly just love writing these and reading other people’s, and who doesn’t love a little self-care), but this one is my official 2018 Holiday Pamper Routine, full of products I’m loving that will get you in the true holiday spirit.
I always start off by changing into some cozy Christmas PJs or a nice fluffy robe, really anything as long as I’m comfy. Before I start anything else I’ll try to set the mood in my room. I love scents so I’ll either use my diffuser with lavender and citrus essential oils or I’ll burn one of my favorite candles which is Champagne Toast from Bath and Body Works. And of course I’ll turn off the main lights and throw on some fairy lights. After my room’s feeling nice and relaxed, I’ll go use my MakeUp Eraser (I’m so obsessed with this right now) to take all my makeup off and then hop in the shower. I talked about these in my last pamper routine too, but I’ve been loving the Herbal Essence Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner for my hair, especially during the drier winter months. If I’m feeling like I really need it, I’ll also do a treatment using either the Briogeo deep conditioning mask or the Moroccan Gold Series treatment mask. I’ll then go ahead and use a good body scrub everywhere (it’s winter, we all have dead skin cells) and shave using the Eos shaving cream. After I shave I make sure to moisturize right away. I bought the C. Booth coconut fig body lotion over Thanksgiving and have been living for it.
If I’m at home and have my beloved bath tub I’ll take a bath after I’m done showering. I’m ridiculously obsessed with bath bombs, so of course I’ll use one of those. I absolutely love all the Lush Christmas bath bombs, so those are always a good go-to, but I also found these really cute Christmas ones from The Body Shop (so freaking affordable!) which I really want to try when I’m home for Christmas. When I’m in the bath, which I could literally sit in for hours, I’ll make sure the lights are off and have some chill show or vlog playing. If I’m really wanting to treat myself, I’ll also light a bunch of candles to really set the mood. And if you’re really really wanting to treat yourself, pour yourself a nice lil glass of wine (if your of age of course), because you deserve it;)
After I’m done in the shower (or out of the bath), I’ll dry my hair super quick with a towel and put my PJs or robe back on. During the winter my hair gets brittle and dry really easily, so I use both the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave-in conditioner and the argan oil from Marrakesh Oil. If I have something to get dressed up for the next day, I’ll straighten my hair. But more often than not I just let it air dry.
Now it’s facial time! I’ll start by washing my face with either the Grown Alchemist polishing facial exfoliant or the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate. During the winter my skin can get really dry and flaky (as it does for a lot of people), so it’s really important to use a good exfoliator to get rid of all the dead skin cells and prep your skin for a face mask. On a real pamper night I’ll usually use two face masks, one purifying and one hydrating just to make sure I’m not drying out my skin too much. For the first mask I love the Indian Healing Clay with apple cider vinegar or the CVS dead sea mineral face mask. If you’re looking for a more luxurious mask, the Boscia Charcoal mask or the Glam Glow Bubblesheet are also amazing. I’ll leave that mask on for about 12-15 minutes and then wash it off/take it off. For the hydrating mask I have a ton of different Korean sheet masks that I’ll usually choose from, but I also found these really cute Christmas hydrating sheet masks at CVS which I think are perfect for a holiday pamper night. I typically leave sheet masks on for about 20 minutes so while I have that on I’ll put on either a Christmas movie (check my last 12 Days post for my fav holiday movies) or some vlogmas. Since it wouldn’t be Christmas without peppermint hot chocolate, I’ll make myself a cup of that, and maybe even top it off with some peppermint whipped cream if I’m feeling extra special. And of course I’d make sure it’s in a cute Christmas mug.
After I take off the second mask I’ll go in with the rest of my evening skincare routine. During the winter I use heavier moisturizers, especially in the evening. I start with the Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion and go over that with the Tarte Maracuja Oil. If my skin is super dry, it usually soaks that all up within a few minutes, so in cases like that I’ll go in with another layer of the oil. I personally am not a huge fan of sleep masks, but I do love the Ahava Sleep Cream for an overnight facial. Another thing I’ve started using lately are under-eye masks because let’s be honest life can be super stressful and cause bags and circles under your eyes (I’ve started getting them and I feel like a Grandma now). But they honestly just feel so good and refreshing too.
Now that I’m feeling all clean and relaxed I’ll usually end the night in cuddled up in bed finishing off a Christmas movie or watching more vlogmas. I love spending nights out with friends, but sometimes a quiet night in taking care of yourself is just what you need (and trust me, everyone needs this once in a while).
Happy pampering! xx
Hello lovelies and happy Sunday! Hope the week has treated you well. Today’s post is going to be all the things I’m watching and listening to this holiday season. I’ve pulled together all my favorite holiday movies, songs and vlogs that I’ve been loving this season to share with you all. Grab a blanket and a peppermint hot chocolate and spend your Sunday night chilling and getting in the Christmas spirit. What are you watching and listening to this Christmas?
Movies: These aren’t movies that are new or have come out recently, they’re just my all-time favorite go-to holiday movies to watch on a Christmassy evening.
Home Alone (1 and 2)
Christmas with the Kranks
Serendipity (I don’t know if this is actually considered a Christmas movie but it makes me feel Christmassy so…)
Deck the Halls (Cheesy but I love it!)
The Santa Clause (1, 2, and 3, DUH)
Bad Mom’s Christmas (don’t judge me)
All I Want for Christmas
Music: These are all the songs I’ve discovered recently/this year that I’ve been obsessed over. Also just some of my absolute favorite Christmas classics.
‘What Christmas Means to Me’, by Stevie Wonder
‘This Christmas’, by Donny Hathaway
‘Home’, by Blake Shelton ft. Michael Bublé
‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)’, by Mariah Carey
‘The Man With the Bag’, by Vonda Shepard
‘You Make It Feel Like Christmas’, by Gwen Stefani ft. Blake Shelton
‘4 Carats’ by Kelly Clarkson
‘The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)’, by Martina McBride
‘One Child’, by Mariah Carey
‘Cool Yule’, by Louis Armstrong
‘Candy Cane Christmas’, by Darius Rucker
‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’, by Michael Bublé
‘Glow’, by Brett Eldredge
‘Have a Holly Jolly Christmas’, by Harry Connick Jr.
‘Last Christmas’, by Wham!
Vlogs: I’m such a nerd for vlogs and vloggers, and Vlogmas might be one of my favorite things. These are some of the YouTubers I watch who are doing Vlogmas or are doing super Christmassy videos.
See you on Day 6! xx
One of my absolute favorite parts of the holiday season is planning and buying presents for all my family and friends. I posted my gift guide last year and had so much fun putting it together so I thought I would share my updated guide for this year, full of the perfect gifts for all price ranges. Remember that gifts aren’t always about how much you spend, but it’s really the thought that counts (as cliche as that may sound). Happy gifting!
For the self-care lovers:
- ‘Merry Christmas’ bath bomb set from Lush
- Croft & Barrow textured plush wrap robe from Kohl’s
- Peter Thomas Roth mask mash-up set from Nordstrom
- The Twillery Co. bamboo bath caddy from Wayfair
- Naturalist home-scent collection from West Elm
For the beauty lovers:
- Too Faced ‘Under the Christmas Tree’ face and eye set from Sephora
- Sippin’ pretty eye set from Tarte
- Benefit ‘Goodie Goodie Gorgeous’ set from Ulta
- Copper 6-compartment glass and metal vanity organizer from Target
- ‘Glow For It’ favorites set from Sephora
For the foodies and cooks:
- Matcha book, whisk and shaker set from Urban Outfitters
- ‘Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook: For the best Christmas’ from Amazon
- ‘But first, coffee’ Alfred coffee press from Amazon
- Cookbook and tablet stand from Tastemade
- Jacobsen salt vial set of 6 from Williams Sonoma
For the arts ones:
- Charcoal drawing set from Faber Castell
- Paint brush bangle bracelet bangle from Etsy
- 142-piece wood art set from Amazon
- Personalized sketchbook from Etsy
- Vintage polaroid camera from Nordstrom
For the one’s who love jetting off:
- Coral travel journal from Kate Spade
- ‘I’m outta here’ passport holder from Bando
- Travel scratch off map from Uncommon Goods
- Luggage tag travel charm from Jet Set Candy
- Travel cord roll from Uncommon Goods
For the entertainer:
- ‘Bad and Boozy’ stemless wine glass set from Urban Outfitters
- Holiday cheese board with spreader from Crate and Barrel
- Antique brass and marble coasters set from Williams Sonoma
- ‘Bag of Coal’ Whiskey stones from Kohl’s
- Mason jar drink dispenser from Tastemade
For the workaholic:
- Jerry and Maggie desktop organizer from Amazon
- Planner and calendar from Kate Spade
- Himalayan salt lamp from Target
- ‘Boss Lady’ ceramic mug from Papyrus
- Pink floral desk-pad planner from Amazon
For the home-bodies:
- Boulangerie candle gift set from Anthropologie
- Tabletop glass fireplace from Etsy
- Amped fleece throw blanket from Urban Outfitters
- The sleepover knit PJs from Victoria’s Secret
- White porcelain teapot from H&M
For the fitness fanatics:
- Cobra bluetooth earbuds from Clyo
- FabFitFun Seasonal box
- Light rose yoga mat from Sugar Mat
- The Emily & Meritt pink/green palms gym bag from PBteen
- Stay hot keep cold bottle from Lululemon